HOTEL UNIZO Kyoto Shijo Karasuma
This is how the flow is when fully open. The biggest problem with this hotel is the water pressure of the tab. It was annoying.
Laundry machine is available near the reception. Need to pay to use it.
Charging adapter with multi shape ends.
There is a bath tab. The size is quite small. The same type as APA hotel group.
The front desk can lend you a nail clipper. Very convenient for the long trip. We wonder what else we can lend from the hotel.
You do not need to press the floor button in the elevator. You only use your card to place it in front of the sensor.
You have 5 star hotel level amenities such as sewing kit (which you anyway never use), hair band, body location, mouth wash etc.
The entrance is nice with the lighting. The reception has a small stone garden.
Air cleaner is almost every hotel in Japan.
But the functionality differs.
1) some can be silenced.
2) some can turn off the lights of switches so that it does not bother you when you sleep even if it is on.
Well, at this hotel the one was normal with no differentiator.
Name: HOTEL UNIZO Kyoto Shijo Karasuma of Unizo group
Address:8 Katsukyoyamacho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, 600-8493
Contact: +81 75 241 4125
1. Room is small (single room)
2. Safe is too small
3. had some itchy insect bites so had to sleep "on" the bed cover. (could be from somewhere). To be fair, the bugs may come from somewhere during the trip.
4. Small bath tab like APA hotel
5. No personnel at around the mid night (It should be a timing related though, when we came back, there was no personnel at the reception. The guest was looking for the staff to check in)
6. Water pressure of tab is quite weak. (shower pressure is strong)
1. Unizo tends to have plenty of amenities which is 5 star level including hairband, sewing kit
2. Check out time is 12:00 which is also 5 star level.
3. Touch free card in the elevator and at the door ( in this one, you do not even need to press your floor button. When you put the card on the sensor in the elevator, the button of your floor is pressed automatically.)
4. Less 5min walk from the exit of Karasuma/Shijo station (It is around 7-10 mins to the platform)
5. Building is new
6. Supermarket ( Fresco), convenient stores are around. 2min walk distance.
Total EXPERIENCE (out of 5 stars)
Location: 4 (you feel like it ages walking for 5-6 mins to get Shijo Karasuma (the end of the central street of Kyoto city))
Service: 4 (we lent a nail clipper and extra pillow. It was around 5 mins to deliver.)
Cleanliness: 3 (because of possible bed bug)
Water pressure: 4 (shower), 1 (tab water - very weak)
Building: 4 ( new )
Based on our actual experience, we share our review of a hotel. It is only our point of view as of our date of stay. Issues can be room related, time related. We understand that there are things the hotel cannot control. No harm intended. Our aim is to improve the hotel service standard being honest about our experience. Silence is more harmful.
If you want your hotel to be tested, please contact us.
If you are looking for great hotel for winter sports in Japan, just click here!
Onegai Kaeru wants you to enjoy Japan trip.
If you are looking for more traveler"s info and can not find one, please let us know. We will try to help you with Japan Traveler Help Service (we work on hourly charge to arrange, book, find info you need). Feel free to contact us!
Want to know more places for the great photos in Japan? For example, Toshima island with so many flowers. Please check this out!
Do you know an island with over 2000 years old tree in Japan? Please check this out!
Onegai Kaeru, a group of passionate travelers, bring happiness to the world with its shopping support service and original super cute items!
Source: hotel's official websites
Disclaimer: Even though we try to make the info as updated and accurate but the accuracy of the information herein is not guaranteed by us. If you have any uncertainty, please contact the information source.
Write a comment